From PILLSBURY BAKING
Makes 2 dozen cake balls
It’s turkey day and these sweet little treats will make the perfect dessert to your family celebration.
1 package PILLSBURY Funfetti Vanilla Cake Mix
Additional ingredients to prepare cake mix per package instructions
3/4 cup PILLSBURY Funfetti Vanilla Flavored Frosting
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or candy melts (if using candy melts, omit the shortening)
1/4 cup all-Vegetable Shortening
1. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions using water, oil, and eggs. Bake in 13 x 9-inch baking pan according to package instructions. Cool completely.
2. Crumble cooled cake into an extra-large bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed until fine crumbs, about 2 minutes. Spoon frosting over cake crumbs. Beat until evenly blended. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
3. Line a baking pan with wax paper. Roll cake mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls. Place on prepared baking pan. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour.
4. Combine chocolate chips and shortening (or candy melts) in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Microwave in additional 30-second intervals until completely melted and smooth when stirred.
5. Remove a few cake balls from freezer, keeping the rest frozen. Hold one cake ball over bowl of chocolate on a fork. Spoon chocolate over cake ball, turning ball as needed until completely covered, and allowing excess to drip off. Place ball on a sheet of wax paper and immediately push in candy corn feathers, candy eyes, orange M&M beak, and red sprinkle wattle. Place on wax paper-lined tray in refrigerator. Repeat to make remaining cake balls. If chocolate thickens, microwave 15 seconds and stir until smooth. Serve cake balls at room temperature.
Find this recipe and more holiday treats at pillsburybaking.com