From PILLSBURY BAKING
Makes 5 Dozen Cakes
Can you say Yum, Yum, Yum?
1 package FUNFETTI Yellow Cake and Cupcake Mix
3/8 cup FUNFETTI Vanilla Flavored Frosting
3/8 cup FUNFETTI Orange ALL STAR Vanilla Flavored Frosting
5 dozen lollipop sticks
5 cups white chocolate chips
1/2 cup All Vegetable Shortening
1. Prepare cake mix according to package instructions using water, oil, and eggs. Bake in 13 x 9 inch baking pan according to package instructions. Cool completely.
2. Crumble cooled cake into extra-large bowl. Beat with mixer on medium speed until fine crumbs, about 2 minutes. Spoon frosting over cake crumbs. Beat until evenly blended. Cover and freeze 30 minutes.
3. Line a 15 x 10 inch baking pan with wax paper. Roll cake mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on prepared baking pan. Insert sticks into center of balls. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour.
4. Combine white chocolate chips and shortening in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 2 minutes; stir. Microwave in additional 10 second intervals until completely melted and smooth when stirred.
5. Remove a few cake pops from freezer, keeping the rest frozen. Hold one cake pop over bowl of white chocolate. Spoon white chocolate over cake pop, turning pop as needed until completely covered, and allowing excess to drip off. Hold pop over a sheet of wax paper and immediately sprinkle with candy bits from frosting or other sprinkles. Place on wax paper-lined tray in refrigerator. Repeat to make remaining cake pops. If white chocolate thickens, microwave 15 seconds and stir until smooth. Serve pops at room temperature.
Find this recipe and more holiday treats at pillsburybaking.com