Get creative with these Halloween-inspired Skull Cookies from Amanda Rettke of IAmBaker.
1 package (16.5 ounces) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Refrigerated Chocolate Chip Cookie Bar Dough
2 containers (16 ounces each) prepared vanilla frosting
1/4 cup black frosting
Red, Blue, Green and/or Yellow food color
1. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
2. Cut cookie dough in half and roll out one half onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
3. Remove cookie cake from oven and rest in pan for 5 minutes. Using a skull cookie cutter, cut out skull cookie and move to a cooling rack.
4. Spread 2 tablespoons of vanilla frosting over each cookie, covering almost to the edge.
5. Put black frosting into plastic bag and cut off a very small portion of the tip. Pipe out the eyes, nose, and teeth onto the vanilla frosting.
6. Divide up remaining vanilla frosting into 4 bowls and tint color of choice. (red, blue, green, and yellow work well). Place colored frosting into plastic bag and cut off a very small portion of the tip. Pipe desired pattern onto cookies.
TIP:Use left over cookie bits to create a chocolate chip cookie trifle. Place a layer of cookie bits in a glass and cover with frosting. Repeat until glass is full.
Find this Halloween Skull Cookies craft and more holiday fun at verybestbaking.com