Make fun reusable gift card holders
Paper mache box
Spray paint – red (& gold optional)
Ribbons – Green with Dots & Red – 1″ wide (1 yard each minimum, depending on size of box)
Ribbon – narrow red with white dots (one reel)
Small gold jingle bells
Small gold star buttons
Zots or double-sided tape
1. Spray the box red. (Tip: Spraying the first time with Gold spray paint results in a more even coating. The gold paint acts as a “primer”? essentially covering all imperfections and giving the final Red spray a cleaner and more metallic finish.)
2. Create a tree trunk with Green with Dots ribbon by securing ribbon at the bottom of the box lid and under the lid with Zots or double-sided tape.
3. Secure the ends of the red and green ribbons at the end with a Zot. Create a loopy tree up the box lid, securing the two layers with Zots to the box and to each other, as necessary.
4. Tie a star button to the top loop with narrow red ribbon.
5. Secure gold jingle bells to the outer loops of the tree with the same ribbon.
Find this craft and more holiday fun at joann.com