This project is intended for kids ages 6+. Make this reindeer jar, fill it with wrapped holiday candy and give one to all your friends!
1 Creatology Assorted Wiggle Eyes
1 Plastic Storage Jar By Craft Smart, 8oz.
1 Chenille Pipe Cleaners, 25ct. By Creatology
1 Elmer’s Washable School Glue
1 Blunt Tip Scissors By Creatology
1. Cut a strip of brown construction paper to fit around the belly of your plastic jar. Wrap it around the outside of the jar, allow it to overlap slightly; then glue the ends together where it overlaps. Trim any excess paper.
2. Trace the lid top onto a piece of construction paper, cut it out and glue the paper to the top of the lid.
3. Measure the height of the rim of the jar and cut a strip of construction paper. Place glue on the back of the strip and glue it to the outside rim of the lid.
4. Make two sets of chenille pipe cleaner antlers. Wrap another brown chenille pipe cleaner around the rim and make a bend where you would like the antlers placed before attaching. Twist the antlers to these two marked spots. Next, twist the main chenille pipe cleaner around the rim of the jar and twist the ends tightly together in the back.
5. Now, glue on wiggle eyes and a red pom-pom for a nose.
TIP: Fill the jar with wrapped candy canes!
Share your project photos with #MakeItWithMichaels
Find this craft and more holiday fun at Michaels.com